Have the sniffles? Drink this tea. Getting over someone? Drink this tea. Just want to drink something delicious? Drink this tea. I can't tell you about the curative science behind it, but there's something magical about the mix of ginger, cayenne, and honey. Put on fleece socks, read a book, and have a cup of tea.
- Water: 10 cups
- Lemon: 1
- Fresh Ginger: 3 inch section
- Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cayenne: 1/8 teaspoon
- Cloves: 1/4 teaspoon
- Honey: 3 tablespoons
The How To:
- In a large pot, bring 1o cups of water to a rolling boil
- Quarter the lemon
- Chop the ginger into half inch slices
- Add the lemon, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, turmeric, cloves, and honey to the boiling water
- Boil for 20 minutes
- Drink up; give the rest to that lucky someone
A Few Notes:
Don't worry about timing this closely - it gets better the longer you boil it!
- Feel free to adjust the amount of honey and cayenne to taste
- Don't skip the cayenne - it's amazing!
- Adding a pinch of cloves is a great idea