This savory/sweet salad is the easiest, laziest, most delicious way to use up extra fruit ever invented. We know pairing balsamic vinegar with fruit might be hard to wrap your head around, but hey, you like wine right?
- Ripe Nectarines: 2
- Strawberries: 1/2 pound
- Feta Cheese: 1/2 cup
- Basil: Small handful
- Balsamic Vinegar: 2 teaspoons
The How To:
- Chop the nectarines into quarter-inch sized pieces, and quarter the strawberries
- Slice the basil into thin strips
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the nectarines, strawberries, feta, and basil. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the fruit mixture
- Chill in the fridge for one hour. Garnish with a few basil leaves if you're feeling fancy.
A Few Notes:
- Pro tip: Stack the basil leaves on top of each other (stems facing you), roll them together tightly, and then chop in small sections. Unroll and you'll have perfect, thin strips.
- We also like this recipe with peaches swapped out for the nectarines
- If you happen to have any fancy balsamic vinegars lying around, this is the place to use them. We especially love this with pomegranate balsamic.
Pairs Well With: